Sunday, November 10, 2013

Praise


Someone asked me if that prayer about how much I hate the cancer in my son might be considered irreverent on some level. It is ok to say what hurts to God. Having faith means I do not have to pretend. I do not have to tip-toe around.

I hate that this is the song he sang to his bride on their wedding day:




By the same token, I never forget to say thank you for the young woman that suddenly appeared in his life shortly after the symptoms started and has not left his side. She has had to conquer many fears to be up close and personal with everything that cancer brings.



She probably wishes his parents would hover less. (Rightly so, I would add.)

Nor do I forget to say thank you for his talent to express himself.

Being a person of faith does not spare you from injustice. It merely gives you the right to talk to God.


P.S. And thank you for this:




and this:


No comments:

Post a Comment